Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I need help with Modern Luxury Home Decor...?

I am trying to redecorate my living room with a modern luxury theme. I will be reupholstering my sofa but I'm not sure if I should use a print or solid. When you see certain prints like flowers, dots, plaids, or stripes do you think old or cheap? What upholstery says 'modern luxury' to you?I need help with Modern Luxury Home Decor...?
I think I would keep the sofa solid and use the patterns in pillows.I need help with Modern Luxury Home Decor...?
So you want to express this style for your living room that is a luxurious take on a modern style? And right now you are struggling with what to reupholster the sofa with to create this style. So you have gone from a big conceptual style idea to a really small specific task.. it would be easier if you back up a little here and consider a few other things, The more clearly you define how you want the room to feel and how you want to use it,and have it look, the easier these choices are. You could collect photos and circle elements that seem significant. Designers use swatches, photos, and bits and pieces of wood, shades trims, and even chrome or porecelain, to help, see the room as a whole composition and each piece we chose supports the overrall style we want to create. I wonder if reupholstery is going to get you a modern luxury look? Is your sofa frame modern with the profile and scale of the style you have in mind? Take a digital photo of it in black and white, to see it objectively. Unless its very close to your style, you would be better off buying something affordable to help you create your look, you can decide by trying things out on paper, visit a few large home stores, use their software and create a floorplan and get images of furniture. I love your concept, because the best moderrn needs luxury and we get that through lavish use of texture, fur, linen, silk, metal, rough and smooth


in accents and accessories you can really get a look going, check out ethan allens new modern glamour room styles, for inspiration. You just need to develop your ideas of your individual style, establish some style icons you can translate to your own. I hope this has not been a rambling yadayada...its such a great style, explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment